HEALTHY PICNIC RECIPES
With the weather getting warmer, it may be tempting to get out of the house for a few meals. Even if you’re social distancing right now (which you should be) you could always set up a nice picnic in your front or backyard! While it may be tempting to throw something fast, cheap, and easy together, now is the perfect situation to really focus on healthy meals you might not have time for regularly. Today we’ll be sharing some of our favorite healthy picnic recipes!
These crispy snacks are a perfect treat to go with your sandwich or on top of your salads! With a healthy fat and protein-packed cheese, this is a perfect side for your Protein Days.
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325. While it warms up, cover two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mash avocado until smooth and add remaining ingredients.
- Spoon avocado mixture onto paper, smoothing into flat, chip-shaped disks. Make them as big or small as you’d like. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, remove from pan. Store in an airtight container.
TACO SALAD IN A JAR
This recipe has turkey and beans for protein and colorful veggies! This is an easily transportable option for your Meal Days.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz. can of beans of your choice, rinsed warmed
- 2 cups corn
- 1 head romaine, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add turkey and taco seasoning to taste. As it cooks, break it up with your utensil of choice. Cook thoroughly, about 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Split ingredients up into six Mason jars or containers of your choice. Layer turkey, beans, corn, romaine lettuce, cheese, then tomatoes. Pack in a cooler lunch box to ensure it stays good and fresh. Enjoy!
The great thing about this recipe is how flexible it is! You can easily make it vegetarian. It can be served with veggies or in lettuce wraps. This is perfect for Protein or Meal Days depending on how you serve it!
- 3 Tbsp. low-calorie mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped chives
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Lettuce, for serving
- Cooked bacon, for serving
- Pepper and salt to taste
- In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt), lemon juice, and chives. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add avocado and eggs to dressing mixture. Mix gently to combine.
- Serve cold with bacon if desired. Can be served on bread, in lettuce wraps, or on top of cucumbers and celery. Can also be eaten by itself.